It’s lucky there will be no news this decade ( see Silly Saturday’s blog No News ) because I detest all those news reviews of the past year, sports reviews, who is in the New Year Honours list and lists of those who have died.
Instead I offer my review of the past decade, which will be of no interest to anybody else…
Firstly, what didn’t happen.
It was the only decade in my life when I didn’t move home.
I didn’t become a best selling author.
I didn’t get a mention in the New Year Honours list.
I still didn’t get the hang of LinkedIn and Twitter.
What did happen?
My mother has entered The Twenties for the second time in her life, she was born in 1926.
Our three offspring are all living in places we would never have guessed at the beginning of the decade.
We acquired three more grandchildren.
I became an Indie Author and published nine books.
I became a Blogger.
I was nominated for three blogger awards.
So what do we call the past decade and what will we call the new decade?
Answers in the comments.
Happy New Year and Happy New Decade.
Are you looking back over the past decade or looking forward to the new one?
Thanks to Dragon Warrior for nominating me for this award.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people, linking to their blogs and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
- Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
Here are the seven questions Dragon Warrior asked me.
- Are you messy or organized? – Both, I put things carefully away then forget where I put them.
- What do you want to share through your blog? – My writing, my many interests, caring for the environment and FUN.
- Do you like origami? – No, I can only make a paper aeroplane.
- What was your favourite childhood game? – Running around playing horses.
- What was your favourite food that your parents cooked? – Sunday roast and macaroni cheese.
- What is your current favourite food? – Roast vegetables and brown rice, Sunday roast and macaroni cheese. Macaroni Cheese is a bit of a family tradition, all our children and grandchildren love it. It is the real thing made from scratch; milk and strong cheddar for a homemade white sauce.
- Something you collect? – Picture post cards since I was eight years old.
My Nominees – any great bloggers dropping in here.
Not every blogger likes answering questions or doing awards, but if you want to have a go, follow the rules above, or just pick any questions and entertain us with your answers in the comments.
1 What is your favourite electronic gadget?
2 To live – town or country?
3 For holidays – coast or countryside?
4 Paperback or Kindle?
5 If you were given the chance to run your country, what would be your first decision?
6 You can own one form of transport only; anything from skateboard, or a horse to a private plane. Just one choice and you must use only that for the rest of your life. Think carefully…
7 Are you a homebody or a restless traveller?