Thanks to Cheryl of The Cornucopia Allotment for nominating me. Here are my answers to Cheryl’s ten questions, followed by bloggers I have nominated and questions I have chosen.
1.What is your favourite Flower? Very hard to decide as I love so many, but perhaps the humble nasturtium, relative of the cabbage; their simple citrus colour flowers zing even on a grey day. I scatter seeds and when other flowers are past their best they pop up.
2- What landscape instils calm on a chaotic day? The sea or a high hill looking down, what may be noisy below is reduced to a pleasant hum or complete silence.
3- What is your strongest practical skill? Probably anything to do with needles.
4- What is your favourite craft? Knitting and crochet, they are relaxing sharing with friends or watching television, but I would love to be able to create beautiful textile pictures.
5- What is your most unusual food craving? Not sure, but I do love traditional mashed potato and roasted red peppers.
6- What if anything, is on your learning bucket list? Vastly improving my digital age skills.
7- Have you a favourite author for a rainy day? Tim Winton, Australian novelist, born in Perth where I spent my teenage years, his books transport me back to a hot country.
8- To me sweetcorn tastes of summer! What is your sunshine food? Home grown cherry tomatoes taste of sunshine.
9- If you had the chance to learn to grow anything what would it be? Sweet peas, they smell so divine, but I have never had much success.
10- If money was no object what type of garden would you design? A sunny hillside; near the house would be the walled garden full of abundant herbaceous borders and raised vegetable beds. Descending to the winding river below would be narrow paths among trees and then a grassy spot to sit by the river. Everything would be planted to attract wildlife. As money is no object I would have a head gardener training youngsters and I would just float around dead heading and cutting sweet peas for indoors.
The bloggers I am nominating are just a few of the bloggers who make me laugh, take me to new places or help other bloggers. No pressure, if you want to have a go answer some or all of the questions. If any other bloggers want to join in you are very welcome.
Anita Dawes and Jaye Marie
Biff Sock Pow
Bluebird of Bitteness
Life and Soul Magazine
Notes From The UK
Here’s what to do!
1- Give a big thank you to the person who nominated you so others can find them!
2-Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3-Nominate other bloggers and ask them your own set of questions!
4- Let the nominees know about the nomination in one of their posts!
5-List the rules and the Sunshine Award nomination on your own site.
6- Let the fun begin!
- If money and responsibilities were no problem where would you like to live and write?
- Many writers have pets draped over their keyboard or under their desk. If you could choose one creature to be your pet what would it be? You can opt for anything from a spider to an elephant.
- If you were invited to talk about your book on television or the radio which programme would you like to appear on?
- Which famous person would you be thrilled to have following your blog?
- You have decided to go on an adventurous expedition to achieve fantastic sales for your book. Where would you go?
- Number five didn’t work so you must fake your own death to boost sales, what sort of demise would you choose?
- You have been invited to a garden party at Buckingham Palace. You are most excited because A. You will meet the Queen. B. A loved one accompanying you deserves a day out. C. You like cake. D. You like looking round other people’s gardens. E. It will make a good topic for your blog. F. Excellent research for you novel.
- Research is hard work so you decide to use a time machine for your historical or futuristic novel. Which time will you travel to?
- Number six went drastically wrong, who did you leave your manuscripts and intellectual property to in your will?
4 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Here are my answers. I don’t nominate others, but I am honoured to be nominated by you, and happy to answer your questions. 🙂
1) Probably somwehere like Singapore. Warm, exotic, and completely different to Beetley!
2) In my case, it would have to be my dog, Ollie. He’s the star of my blog!
3) Oh the BBC I think. Probably on BBC News 24, in ‘Meet The Author’.
4) Alive, or dead? If dead, Orson Welles. If alive, Eddie Izzard. 🙂
5) To sell a book? I don’t honestly know, but probably New York, in the USA.
6) It has to be the classic ‘clothes on the beach’ fake drowning, Reggie Perrin style!
7) I have actually met and spoken to The Queen, so it will have to be ‘E’.
8) Ancient Rome. I have a blog post about time machines, written in 2013.
9) The British Library, in London. They might make them famous, one day.
Thanks again, and best wishes. Pete.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks Pete for your quick response. Yes, I would pick Meet The Author. Enjoy Ancient Rome!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on Stevie Turner and commented:
Thanks to Janet Gogerty for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Answers to her questions and my own nominations will be forthcoming!
LikeLiked by 2 people